Monday, March 30, 2009

Apology

To those of you who stop by here every day, I owe you an apology. I have not been maintain this site as I should have, and I will do my best to get back up to speed. Please allow me to explain:

I have been relatively busy offline, as I was in a situation where I had to find a new job very quickly in order to stay here in DC (Luckily, I did accomplish that). This took a decent portion of my time in addition to my current job (which I am still working until mid-April). Furthermore, I have been trying to balance this blog with my status as a contributor to Race 4 2012 (which I hope you all have been reading). Toward the end of last week, I inadvertently touched off a firestorm over there by suggesting Judd Gregg as a VP candidate - which spiraled into a debate on Sen. Gregg's potential presidential prospects, and this idea got a some play in the higher levels of the blogsosphere, so I had to devote some time to it. Plus, R4'12 is presenting me with some interesting dilemmas, as that sites seems to be a very good forum for national-level discussions - which has led me to use The Brickyard for two functions which are rather incompatible - my global politics blogging and the highly localized Alaska blogging that I get involved in as a result of my Palin efforts. So, please bear with me as I try to find the proper balance.

Anyway, I will be posting more in the morning, and this blog is not going anywhere. I hope that you are all still listening and ready to have some good discussions.

3 comments:

  1. It's always a good idea to remind us, your loyal followers, Adam, that you are highly involved in writing for another blogsite. Actually, I have neglected to follow it, so I needed this reminder.

    But you've been maintaining this blogspot just fine, writing articles every 1-3 days.

    You hang in there. You're doing a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam,

    I echo Mountain Mama's comments. You continue to do a great job, no worries.
    I'm glad you found a job to keep you in D.C. By your very presence you make it a better place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam you might wanna take a second look at your guy Cao, seems he's wilting. He already voted for the "Obama Youth" act as well as the faux outrAIGe Rangel bill (both of which were disappointingly supported by Mrs. McMorris-Rodgers, which earned her a nice spot on my dark side), now he's split on the Obama budget.

    I realize his district is Chocolate City, USA, but are you gonna have principles or just be a robot? After all Bobby Jindal has to put up with an even greater concentration (statewide)of moonbats.

    ReplyDelete